Nine North East Buildings Shortlisted for RICS Awards
Nine buildings across the North East have been nominated for the RICS Awards including Neville Hall, The Bigg Market and Newcastle Civic Centre
and live on Freeview channel 276
Some of the North East’s most impressive recent building projects have been shortlisted for this year’s RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) awards.
The projects nominated include a £43million schools project, a community hub and a housing scheme on a historic estate.
Along with those, a theatre, civic centre and university building will be judged by a panel of experts with winners of the North East regional awards to be announced virtually in May.
Entries are shortlisted in five different categories – Community Benefit, Heritage, Public Sector, Refurbishment-Revitalisation and Residential.
Chair of the RICS Awards judging panel Stephanie Marshall MRICS said: “Despite much uncertainty and challenging conditions over the past couple of years, property professionals in the North East continue to deliver exemplary, and in many cases, world-class built projects that are having a profoundly positive impact on our cities and towns.
“I wish the teams behind them all the best of luck in gaining recognition for their skills and hard work.”
A full list of shortlisted sites can be found below:
- NUCASTLE Community Hub, Newcastle (Community Benefit)
- New Gibside School, Gateshead (Community Benefit)
- Neville Hall, Westgate Rd, Newcastle (Community Benefit)
- The Listed at Ottermead, Newcastle (Heritage)
- The Bigg Market, Newcastle (Heritage)
- Seaton Delaval Hall, Northumberland (Heritage)
- Neville Hall, Westgate Rd, Newcastle (Heritage, Refurbishment - Revitalisation)
- Newcastle Civic Centre, Newcastle (Refurbishment – Revitalisation)
- Claremont Complex, Claremount Rd, Newcastle (Refurbishment – Revitalisation)
Businesses are still able to apply for the shortlist, with a deadline of April 29 set.