Northumbria Police reaffirm dedication to supporting victims - after predator is jailed

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
Patrick Livingstone has been jailed for a total of 92 months after sexually assaulting young boys.

Officers have assured the public that they are committed to supporting vulnerable victims after a predator who sexually assaulted underage boys was jailed for eight years.

Patrick Livingstone appeared at Newcastle Crown Court earlier this month where he was imprisoned for a total of 92 months for a string of offences, including sexually assaulting a young boy inside a public toilet.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad
Patrick Livingtone has been jailed for 8 yearsPatrick Livingtone has been jailed for 8 years
Patrick Livingtone has been jailed for 8 years

The 54-year-old has been previously issued with a Sexual Harm Prevention Order in 2017 for a seperate offence. He also pleaded guilty to an indecent assault on a child decades earlier. The historic offence only came to light after the brave survivor found the courage to speak to the police after seeing Livingstone’s image in the news.

In September 2020, Newcastle City Centre Neighbourhood Policing Team and Bedlington’s CID worked together to build the case against him, after being contacted by a worried mother, who reported Livingstone had been trying to be-friend her 13-year-old son.

Officers soon discovered that Livingstone had breached an order imposed on him which prevented him from having contact with children. Less than two months later, Livingstone sexually assaulted a young boy in a public toile in Newcastle.

In June 2021, he further breached his order by having contact with a nine-year-old boy as he worked in a charity shop in Byker.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Livingstone, of Percy Main, North Tyneside, was later charged and appeared in Crown Court on May 17 where he admitted two breaches of Sexual Harm Prevention Order, sexual assault by touching and causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent. He also pleaded guilty to the historic offence believed to have taken place around 30 years earlier. On August 12, he was jailed for 92 months.

Speaking after the sentencing, Sergeant Kyle Brewis of Northumbria Police said: “Livingstone is a repeat offender who poses significant danger to children and I am pleased he is now behind bars.

“Livingstone showed a complete disregard for the law – he was subjected to previous court orders, and given a very strict set of bail conditions, but chose to ignore these and approached two teenagers and a nine-year-old boy, assaulting one of them in a public toilet.

“Thanks to the hard work of Bedlington CID and the Newcastle City Centre Neighbourhood Policing Team, a strong case was put before the courts, leaving Livingstone no choice but to admit his guilt and thankfully spare his victims from going to trial.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

“Our communities are no place for predators like Livingstone and I want to thank the victims and their families for their cooperation and bravery in helping bring him to justice. They have courageously presented their best evidence to the court – and while we are pleased Livingstone pleaded guilty, he did so at the last moment and avoided having to account for his actions under oath.

“As a force we are committed to doing all we can to help victims. We will pursue dangerous offenders who pose a risk to children and bring them before our partners in the criminal justice system.”

If you have been a victim of abuse, or would like to access help or support services, please visit the Northumbria Police website.

Related topics: