Sam Fender at St James' Park: The full list of closed roads in Newcastle for the two days of music
and live on Freeview channel 276
The final preparations for Sam Fender’s hugely anticipated two nights at Newcastle’s St James’ Park are underway, and a series of roads around the venue will be closed to make space for fans.
Both nights are completely sold out and tens of thousands of people are expected to hit the streets around the stadium with Newcastle City Council closing roads across certain periods of the two days.
When is Sam Fender playing at St James’ Park?
The North Shields local is headlining two shows at the home of Newcastle United. These will fall on Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 9.
Which roads will be closed around St James’ Park for Sam Fender’s gigs?
Newcastle City Council has confirmed the following roads will be closed to cater for the events:
- Strawberry Lane – from its junction with Strawberry Place in a southerly direction for a distance of 20 metres
- Back St James Street – for its entire length
- Leazes Terrace – from its western junction with Terrace Place in a northerly then easterly direction for a distance of 205 metres
- Terrace Place (St James Terrace) – between its western junction with Leazes Terrace and eastern junction with Leazes Terrace
- Strawberry Place – between its junctions with Barrack Road and Leazes Park Road
- St James’ Street – for its entire length
Read Newcastle's news on the go with our free email newsletters - bringing the headlines to your inbox. Catch up on the day's news and sport and enjoy even more from the NewcastleWorld team. Visit our website here to find out more and sign up.
Strawberry Place between Barrack Road and St James’ Street, Back St James Street, Strawberry Lane, Terrace Place between St James’ Street and its western junction with Leazes Terrace and Leazes Terrace will be closed from 4pm to Midnight each day.
Strawberry Place between St James’ Street and Leazes Park Road, St James’ Street and Terrace Place between St James’ Street and its eastern junction with Leazes Terrace will be closed from 9:45 to Midnight each day.
Anyone expecting to drive into Newcastle from Gateshead and the south of the city should also know a series of roads will be closed for the famous Blaydon Race, which occurs on June 9 every year. It will coincide with the first night of the two shows.