The full list of closed roads in Gateshead for the town's April 10k and half marathon races
The Gateshead half marathon and 10k races are an annual event starting at Gateshead International Stadium each spring and the races are returning once again this year. The races will take place on Sunday, April 30.
Which roads are closed in Gateshead and Newcastle for the Gateshead 10k and half marathon?
The following roads will be closed across Gateshead to make way for runners:
- Neilson Road Stadium Road, Tyne Main Road – 6am to 1pm
- Tyne Main Road Green Lane, Neilson Road – 7:30am to 1pm (expect for full access to The Schooner pub)
- Saltmeadows Road Neilson Road, Hawks Road – 7:30pm to 1pm
- Deptford Road Saltmeadows Road, Southshore Road – 7:30am to 1pm
- South Road Saltmeadows Road, Southshore Road – 7:30am to 1pm
- Albany Road Saltmeadows Road, Southshore Road – 7:30am to 1pm
- South Shore Road Albany Road Hillgate – 7:30am to 1pm
- Hillgate South Shore Road, Bridge Street – 7:30am to 1pm
- Hillgate Quay South Shore Road Extents – 7:30am to 1pm
- Bridge Street Bottle Bank, Swing Bridge – 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Swing Bridge Bridge Street, Sandhill – 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Bottle Bank Tyne Bridge Curzon Place – 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Pipewellgate Bridge Street, Centrelink – 7:30am to 1pm
- Centrelink, Pipewellgate, Autumn Drive – 7:30am to 1pm
The following streets will also be closed on the Newcastle side of the River Tyne:
- Close 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Sandhill 8:30am – 12:30pm
- Bridge Street 8:30am – 12:30pm
The race mainly takes place around Gateshead International Stadium and Gateshead Quayside, although the Swing Bridge and parts of the Quayside are also used.