TikTok star shares 5 spring cleaning hacks using Aldi product – and it costs just 89p
A TikTok star has shared some spring cleaning hacks using an 89p Aldi product
and live on Freeview channel 276
A TikTok superstar has unveiled five handy cleaning hacks using an Aldi product which costs just 89p to help her followers with their spring cleaning. Kayleigh Tenant (@cleanwithkayleigh) known by her two million strong TikTok following for her innovative cleaning tips, has revealed that she uses one single Aldi product, the Powerforce 4 in 1 Disinfectant (£0.89, 250ml), to clean five different areas of the home.
The TikTok video has already racked up likes and comments in their thousands with one follower declaring the cleaning hack is ‘life-changing’ and another saying ‘‘wow – amazing tips – love Aldi!’.
Kayleigh’s tips show how to halve the time it takes to clean blinds, while also making walls look stain free in a matter of minutes. Meanwhile, she completely refreshes the look and scent of both her bins and toilet and creates eco-friendly DIY disinfectant wipes – all after spending just 89p.
Aldi cleaning hacks
Shoppers can use this hack to clean both sides of blind slats in one swipe:
- Add one cap full of the Powerforce 4 in 1 Disinfectant into an empty spray bottle and dilute with water
- Using kitchen tongs with silicone tips, wrap microfibre cloths around the silicone tips of the tongues (this will help the cloths grip on)
- Using the diluted disinfectant spray, dampen the cloths all-over, then run the dampened clothes over blinds
- This technique allows both sides of each individual blind slat to be cleaned at the same time
This tip saves shoppers from needing to add to landfill by buying anti-bac wipes:
- Start by adding diluted disinfectant to a jar. Then add clean microfibre cloths to the jar, allowing them to absorb the liquid
- Once absorbed, these can then be used as DIY disinfectant wipes, with the disinfectant’s shine properties leaving an extra shiny finish
- No need to add to landfill, simply throw them in the washing machine once used.
Kayleigh says this will leave bins looking squeaky clean and smelling even cleaner:
- Use the disinfectant diluted into a spray bottle to clean inside and outside bins
- For extra freshness, add some neat disinfectant to a paper towel and place in the bottom of the bin
- Thanks to the long-lasting freshness of the disinfectant, the bin will continue to give a whiff of clean scent each time it’s opened.
Shoppers can have walls looking freshly painted with this hack:
- It’s well known that diluted disinfectant works well for cleaning the floors, but this hack uses the same method with a mop and disinfectant to freshen up walls
- This works perfectly for cleaning hard-to-reach areas of walls and ceilings
- Quick tip – a clean mop must always be used for this technique to avoid any wall stain
Leave toilets smelling clean and fresh in no time at all with this easy idea:
- Using the diluted disinfectant in a spray bottle, spray this down the toilet
- Using toilet paper to wipe this away allows the dust and dirt to stick to the toilet paper acting like a magnet rather than pushing the dust and dirt around the toilet
- Once the toilet is clean, add a capful of neat disinfectant into the toilet bowl and place the toilet brush into bowl
- This disinfects the toilet brush and leaves the bathroom smelling great thanks to the odour eliminating properties of the disinfectant
Starting from just 59p, the Powerforce range provides shoppers with all staple household cleaning essentials at affordable prices including Aldi’s Powerforce Traditional Dish Cloths (£1.15), also used by Kayleigh. Aldi’s Spring-Cleaning Event launched in stores on April 10 and includes a number of household essentials such as the 1001 Carpet Fresh Refresher Spray (£1.89, 300ml) and the Buster Plughole Block Preventer (£3.49, 2 x 250ml).
To shop the full Powerforce range, shoppers can head to stores or browse the Aldi website.