Exclusive: Jamie Reuben describes first six weeks of ownership at Newcastle United

Newcastle United co-owner Jamie Reuben has been speaking exclusively to NewcastleWorld.

Six weeks on from the buyout of Newcastle United by the PIF-led consortium, Jamie Reuben has described progress behind-the-scenes at St James’ Park as ‘excellent’.

Sign up to our NewcastleWorld Today newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Speaking exclusively to NewcastleWorld, Reuben admits he is ‘super excited’ about the future with the Magpies, as the club eye yet more high-profile appointments following the arrival of manager Eddie Howe.

Reuben’s RB Sports & Media completed a 10% buyout of the football club from Mike Ashley on Thursday, October 8. The remaining 90% was split between PCP Capital Partners - fronted by Amanda Staveley and Mehrdad Ghodoussi - with 10% and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, 80%.

And when asked to summarise the first six weeks at the club, Reuben was in positive mood.

“It has been excellent,” said Reuben.

“We are super excited about the future and what lies ahead.

“We are delighted with the support we have received from fans since we arrived at the football club.”

NewcastleWorld spoke to Reuben outside of St James’ Park as the director visited the Newcastle Foodbank stall at the Gallowgate End.

This season the Reuben Foundation are match-funding all matchday donations made to the foodbank.

Speaking about his visit, the charity and volunteers, he said: “It is fantastic. We wanted to come down to see all of these volunteers giving up their day off to support the local community. It is incredible. It is wonderful to see all of the incredible Newcastle fans at this foodbank and their wider charitable efforts. It really is fantastic to see.”