Magic Weekend rugby: The best pre-match pubs in Newcastle to visit before going to St James Park
But it isn’t only football fans who use St James Park! This summer sees a varied selection of events from Sam Fender’s two headline shows at the stadium to the Magic Weekend which is taking place at the city centre stadium over two days this weekend.
What are the fixtures for the Magic Weekend rugby in Newcastle for 2023?
The fixtures for the weekend are as follows:
Saturday, June 3
- Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers – 1:30pm
- Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons – 3:45pm
- Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers – 6pm
Sunday, June 4
- Wakefield Trinity v Leigh Leopards – 12pm
- St Helens vs Huddersfield Giants – 2:15pm
- Hull FC v Warrington Wolves – 4:30pm
The good times are returning to St James’ Park thanks to Newcastle United and other events, and there are few better ways to soak up the matchday or post-gig atmosphere than getting a pre-match drink.
But where are the best places to pick up a drink before making your way to St James’?
Read Newcastle's news on the go with our free email newsletters - bringing the headlines to your inbox. Catch up on the day's news and sport and enjoy even more from the NewcastleWorld team. Visit our website here to find out more and sign up.