Sugababes will be hitting the road in 2022 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their debut album One Touch.
The album kicked off the band’s career and spawned their breakout critically acclaimed single, Overload.
The tour will see members of the original members of the group, Siobhan Donaghy, Mutya Buena and Keisha Buchanan, take to the stage together once again after coming back together in 2012.
The tour will see the band perform in 17 dates across the nation.
The band released a statement on the announcement: "We’re so excited to come full circle and announce our own headline UK tour.”
“We’ll be hitting the road in October and November - can’t wait to see you all there."
So, when are the Sugababes bringing their tour to Newcastle?
Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming tour.
When are the Sugababes playing Newcastle?
Fans won’t have to wait long to see the band live as they are scheduled to perform in Newcastle at the O2 City Hall on Friday 4 November 2022.
When can I get tickets?
Tickets are scheduled to go on sale on Friday 1 July at 10am.
Fans can get their hands on tickets via sites such as Live Nation.
Where else in the UK are they playing?
Sugarbabes will be playing the following locations on the dates listed below:
- Sunday 16 October - SWX Bristol, Bristol.
- Monday 17 October - Cliffs Pavilion, Southend
- Tuesday 18 October - The Nick Rayns LCR, Norwich
- Thursday 20 October - Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham
- Friday 21 October - O2 Apollo, Manchester
- Sunday 23 October - O2 Academy, Leeds
- Monday 24 October - O2 Academy, Liverpool
- Tuesday 25 October - O2 Academy Sheffield
- Thursday 27 October - Brighton Centre, Brighton
- Friday 28 October - O2 Academy, Bournemouth
- Saturday 29 October - O2 Guildhall, Southampton
- Monday 31 October, Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- Tuesday 1 November - O2 Academy, Birmingham
- Wednesday 2 November - Eventim Apollo, London
- Friday 4 November - O2 City Hall, Newcastle
- Saturday 5 November - The Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Monday 7 November - O2 Academy, Glasgow
Who are the Sugababes?
Since first forming in 1998 the Sugababes have gone on to become one of the most popular British girl groups in history.
The current line-up comprises original members of the group were Londoners, Siobhan Donaghy, Mutya Buena and Keisha Buchanan.
This was the trio that first became the Sugababes back in 1998 and won acclaim for their debut single Overload.
The original line-up lasted for three years before Siobhán Emma Donaghy left in 2001. From there the lineup changed several times before returning to the original lineup in 2012.
Previous members include Heidi Range of Atomic Kitten, Amelle Berrabah and Jade Ewen.
Sugababes as a whole have achieved six number-one singles: Freak like Me, Round Round, Hole in the Head, Push the Button, Walk This Way and About You Now. The Spice Girls are the only British girl group to have had more.
They have also released five UK top ten albums, four of which were certified Platinum in the UK, and have been nominated for six Brit Awards, and won for Best British Dance Act in 2003.