Gateshead's motorists will have five road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And one of them is expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing a wait of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that three closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A69, from 9am March 2 to 3pm March 24, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A69 Nafferton, lane closures for bridge maintenance.
• A1, from 8pm February 27 to 6am March 29, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 69, lane closures for inspection/survey works.
• A1, from 8pm February 7 2022 to 6am August 31 2024, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 65 Birtley to junction 69 Coalhouse, carriageway closures and lane closures for major project widening works.
And a further two closures will begin over the next seven days:
• A1, from 8pm March 13 to 6am March 18, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 67 to junction 73. Lane closure for drainage works.
• A1(M), from 8pm March 21 to 6am March 22, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1M northbound and southbound, junction 63 to junction 65 lane closure for maintenance works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.