Gateshead road closures: six for motorists to avoid over the next fortnight
Gateshead's motorists will have six road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And one of them is expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing a holdup of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that one closure already in place is expected to carry on this week:
• A1, from 8pm February 7 2022 to 6am August 31 2024, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 65 Birtley to junction 69 Coalhouse, carriageway closures and lane closures for major project widening works.
And a further five closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• A194(M), from 9.30am to 3.30pm on November 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A194M southbound, Whitemere Pool to Follingsby Hard shoulder closure for Horticultural work.
• A1, from 8pm November 20 to 6am November 21, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound, junction 67 to junction 68, Lane closure for technology works.
• A69, from 9am November 21 to 4pm November 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A69 Both directions Newton to Whittle Dene - Lane closures with some switching for Routine highway and drainage maintenance.
• A194(M), from 9.30am to 3.30pm on November 22, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A194M southbound, Follingsby interchange lane closure for Horticultural works.
• A1, from 8pm November 27 to 6am November 28, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 southbound, junction 74 to 73 lane closure for Horticultural work.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.