Drivers in and around Gateshead will have five National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
And two of them are expected to cause moderate delays – with motorists facing waits of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that three closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A184, from 8pm May 16 to 6am October 31, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A19 northbound and southbound, Downhill Lane, carriageway closures and lane closures for interchange upgrades.
• A1, from 8pm July 18 2022 to 6am March 10 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, J70 Dunston to J74 Scotswood - carriageway closure for communications on behalf of Highways England.
• A1, from 8pm February 7 2022 to 6am August 31 2024, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 65 Birtley to junction 69 Coalhouse, carriageway closures and lane closures for major project widening works.
And a further two closures will begin over the next seven days:
• A1, from 8pm October 27 to 6am November 2, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 67 to junction 70, lane two closures for drainage works.
• A195(M), from 8pm October 28 to 6am November 1, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1M northbound and southbound, junction 63 to junction 65 mobile lane closure for maintenance works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.