Road closures: six for Gateshead drivers over the next fortnight
Drivers in and around Gateshead will have six National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
And one of them is expected to cause moderate delays – with motorists facing a holdup of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that two closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A69, from 8am September 4 to 5pm October 8, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A69 Nafferton Bridge - Lane closures to carry out bridge maintenance work.
• A1, from 8pm February 7 2022 to 6am August 31 2024, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 65 Birtley to junction 69 Coalhouse, carriageway closures and lane closures for major project widening works.
And a further four closures will begin over the next two weeks:
• A195(M), from 8pm September 18 to 6am September 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1M northbound and southbound, junction 64 Dunlop loop, carriageway closures and lane closures for maintenance works.
• A184, from 8pm September 18 to 6am September 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A194 - Whitemare Pool Roundabout - signage only.
• A1, from 8pm September 19 to 6am September 22, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 73 to junction 74, Lane closure for drainage works.
• A1, from 8pm September 25 to 6am September 26, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 southbound, entry slip lane closure.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.