Newcastle road closures: five for motorists to avoid this week
Newcastle's motorists will have five road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And one of them is expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing a holdup of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that three closures already in place are expected to carry on this week:
• A1, from 8pm April 10 2021 to 6am September 30 2022, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 74 Scotswood to junction 79 North Brunton, carriageway closures for major Project carriageway widening.
• A69, from 7pm May 14 to 6am October 2, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A69 West Denton Interchange eastbound, on slip closed for essential maintenance, diversion via A69 to Throckley Interchange.
• A1, from 8pm July 18 2022 to 6am March 10 2023, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, J70 Dunston to J74 Scotswood - carriageway closure for communications on behalf of Highways England.
And a further two closures will begin over the next seven days:
• A1, from 9am September 19 to 2pm September 30, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, Seaton Burn to Warreners house, Lane closures and narrow lanes for inspection works.
• A69, from 9am September 21 to 4pm September 22, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A69 Hassock Bog to Throckley - Lane closures for routine maintenance.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.