Drivers in and around Newcastle will have seven National Highways road closures to watch out for this week.
And two of them are expected to cause moderate delays – with motorists facing waits of between 10 minutes and half an hour.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that one closure already in place is expected to carry on this week:
• A1, from 8pm April 10 2021 to 6am May 26 2023, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A1 northbound and southbound, junction 74 Scotswood to junction 79 North Brunton, carriageway closures for major Project carriageway widening.
And a further six closures will begin over the next seven days:
• A696, from 8pm May 9 to 6am May 10, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A696 northbound and southbound, Black Callerton Interchange, entry and exit slip road closures for horticultural works.
• A19, from 8pm May 9 to 6am May 10, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A19 northbound and southbound, Fisher Lane to Moor Farm, Lane closures for safety fence works.
• A1, from 7pm May 13 to 6am May 14, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A69 between, junction A1/A69 and West Denton Interchange carriageway closure eastbound and westbound, for essential maintenance. Diversion via A1.
• A69, from 7pm May 15 to 7am May 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): Heddon on The Wall off slip, closed for carriageway repairs.
• A696, from 8pm May 18 to 6am May 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A696 eastbound, Prestwick roundabout to Airport roundabout lane closure for electrical works.
• A19, from 8pm May 19 to 6am May 20, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A19 northbound and southbound, Killingworth Interchange, exit and entry slip road closures for horticultural works.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.