Good news as food hygiene ratings awarded to seven North Tyneside restaurants
New food hygiene ratings have been awarded to seven of North Tyneside’s restaurants, cafes or canteens, the Food Standards Agency’s website shows – and it’s good news for them all.
Restaurants, cafes and canteens
The following ratings have been given to seven restaurants, cafes or canteens:
• Rated 5: McDonalds at Citadel, Killingworth, Newcastle Upon Tyne; rated on August 23
• Rated 5: Eat Clean at 8 Park Avenue, Whitley Bay, Tyne And Wear; rated on August 22
• Rated 5: Grapes Cafe at 164 - 166 Whitley Road, Whitley Bay, Tyne And Wear; rated on August 22
• Rated 5: Kith And Kin - Coffee And Kitchen at 172 Park View, Whitley Bay, Tyne And Wear; rated on August 22
• Rated 5: The Boathouse Bar And Restaurant at Cafe Within The Lighthouse Club, Whitley Bay Holiday Park, Blyth Road, Whitley Bay; rated on August 21
• Rated 5: The Whitley Bay Treehouse at 1a Claremont Crescent, Whitley Bay, Tyne And Wear; rated on August 17
• Rated 5: Cafe Wilkinsons at 20 The Beacon Centre, Bedford Way, North Shields, Tyne And Wear; rated on August 15
It means that of North Tyneside's 284 similar establishments with ratings, 225 (79%) have ratings of five and none have zero ratings.