South Tyneside road closures: six for motorists to avoid over the next fortnight
South Tyneside's motorists will have six road closures to avoid nearby on the National Highways network this week.
And one of them is expected to cause moderate delays – with drivers facing a wait of between 10 and 30 minutes.
The latest expected works list, with notes from National Highways, shows that six closures are due to start over the next two weeks:
• A19, from 9am to 6pm on September 10, moderate delays (10-30 minutes): A19/A194 Lindisfarne Roundabout - All exit / entry slip roads, slip road closures to facilitate Great North Run by South Tyneside Council.
• A184, from 8pm September 11 to 6am September 13, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A194M clockwise Whitemare Pool to Whitemare Pool - lane closure for inspection/survey on behalf of National Highways.
• A184, from 8pm September 18 to 6am September 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A19 both directions Testo'S Roundabout to Lindisfarne Interchange - diversion for carriageway - reconstruction/renewal on behalf of Non-Statutory Body.
• A184, from 8pm September 18 to 6am September 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A184 eastbound and westbound, Whitemare Pool Roundabout to Testo's Roundabout. Diversion route for works off network.
• A19, from 8pm September 18 to 6am September 24, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A19 north and southbound, A184 Testo's to A194 Lindisfarne Interchange, diversion route for nearby closures for maintenance works.
• A184, from 8pm September 18 to 6am September 23, slight delays (under 10 minutes): A194 - Whitemare Pool Roundabout - signage only.
National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and major A-roads, so closures of smaller roads will not be included in their schedule.