The Belgium international’s future has been the subject of speculation throughout the summer transfer window as he moved into the final 12 months of his current contract at the King Power Stadium.
Talks over an extension have yet to reach a successful conclusion and that has led to interest from a number of clubs around the Premier League and Europe.
Foxes manager Brendan Rodgers addressed the midfielder’s future earlier this month amid speculation Arsenal were preparing a bid for his services.
Speaking in the week before the season got underway, the former Liverpool and Celtic boss said of interest from elsewhere: “There is that possibility but there has not been anything for him, we haven’t had any approaches to the club yet on that.
“Of course it is in the back of the mind, that sort of what-if scenario, but he doesn’t want anything to drag on either.”
With just over 24 hours remaining in the transfer window, one report in the Mail has suggested Newcastle are ‘exploring’ the possibility of making a move to bring Tielemans to to Tyneside before Thursday’s deadline.
Sky Sports followed up reports of United’s interest in the former Monaco star by revealing Leicester City would accept an offer of around £25m to part company with the man that won them the FA Cup with a stunning long-range strike against Chelsea last year.
However, the Foxes are still keen to agree a new one-year deal with Tielemans to eliminate the possibility of losing the midfielder on a free transfer next summer.
He said: “I don’t expect to be, we are very pleased with the business we have done. As I say the injuries we have we believe to be short-term.
“There might be a bit of short-term pain around the squad longer term when bodies are back we are very strong.
“That’s not to say we are totally closed off. We are obviously still looking but I don’t expect any major business to be done.”
Liverpool have also been linked with a move for Tielemans as they contend with a number of injuries within their midfield ranks.