With celebrations under way, those expecting Royal Mail deliveries on Thursday, Friday or at the weekend may experience some delays.
So, when are the post offices in Newcastle open over the Jubilee bank holiday?
Here’s everything you need to know about the operating hours.
When is the Platinum Jubilee?
People across the country will have Thursday 2 June, and Friday 3 June off as a bank holiday to get a kick start on the celebrations.
There are official events, as well as a host of street parties and local celebrations taking place throughout the country.
Will Royal Mail deliver on the Jubilee bank holiday?
On Thursday 2 June and Wednesday 3 June, the Platinum Jubilee bank holidays, there will be no collections or deliveries.
Some Post Office branches may be open, but Royal Mail has confirmed that no parcels dropped off will be posted until the Monday after the Jubilee weekend.
What are the opening times for Post Offices in Newcastle?
To find out where your local post office is you can go on to the official Post Office website and use the branch finder page by simply typing in your postcode or city.
The main Newcastle delivery office can be found on South Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 1AD.
The opening hours for the Jubilee weekend are:
- Friday 3 June - Closed
- Saturday 4 June - 8am - 5pm
- Sunday 5 June - 11am - 3pm
Here are a few of the smaller post offices in Newcastle:
- Barra Bridges - 140 Northumberland Street, Tyne & Wear, Ne1 7DQ
- Newcastle Upon Tyne - 36 Northumberland Street, Tyne & Wear, NE1 7DE
- Clayton Road - 2 Clayton Road, Jesmond, NE2 4RP
- Westgate Hill - 245 Westgate Road, Tyne & Wear, NE4 6AE
- Goldspink Lane - 20 Goldspink Lane, Tyne & Wear, NE2 1NQ
- Jesmond - St Georges Terrace, Jesmond, Tyne & Wear NE2 2SY
- Cruddas Park - Unit 1 Cruddas Park Shopping Centre, Westmorland Road, Tyne & Wear, NE4 7RW
- Jackson Street - 15 Jackson Street, Gateshead, NE8 1EE
- Byker - 91-97 Shields Road, Byker, Tyne & Wear NE6 1DL
- Benwell Grove - 19 West Road, Tyne & Wear, NE4 8AA
Are banks, supermarkets and shops open on the Jubilee bank holiday?
With people getting extra two days off this week, we can expect some changes to operating hours of supermarkets and banks as well as Post Offices.
Other high street shops and services may also have changed their opening hours on 2 and 3 June, so it’s worth checking before you travel.
How will Post Offices across the UK be commemorating the Jubilee?
Earlier in the year the Post Office launched a commemorative 50p to celebrate the Queen’s 70 year reign.
There were around 1.3 million put into circulation, and many people were rushing to their post offices to find the collectable item.
Postmaster Umesh Sanghani, who has run Dedworth Green Post Office in Windsor for 23 years, alongside his wife Rashmita, spoke on the exciting addition: “We had had many customers coming into our Post Office to check that we are going to get the special 50p coin.”
“They didn’t want to miss out on this souvenir. I am a Royalist. It is amazing that the Queen has reached her 70th anniversary.”
“I am really looking forward to the celebrations this year.”